12 DIYs That Add Texture and Color to Your Lighting
May 30, 2018 - table lamp
We really adore all the stylish, complicated lighting options that we see right now: Brass, lots of Lucite, mid-century modern everything… we’re here for it. But that being said, we have a *major* soothing spot for lamps and pendants that are just as colorful and textural as a rest of our decor, and you know we adore that DIY life. So accumulate adult some fringe and fabric, bust out a crafting clay, and have some fun with these colorful, pleasing projects to adult your lighting game.
1. Textured Lamp Shade DIY: Rick rack, velvet, and tweed are a ideal additions to an differently plain-Jane lampshade. (via Oh Joy)
2. DIY Wooden Bead Pendant Light: Going for a some-more minimalist vibe? This easy-to-follow educational pays off with a sweetly colorful accent ideal for any room. (via A New Bloom)
3. DIY Round Table Lamp: Upgrade your IKEA basics with strips of cork for a new and softened look that’s vagrant to be touched. (via Atilio)
4. Globe Pendant DIY: Red is such a good choice for this easy DIY, though a sky’s a limit. If we can’t find planter baskets in a tone you’re craving, a small mist paint is all we need to get a shade of your dreams. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Kelly Wearstler Lamp: Turn an nauseous duckling preservation store flare into something completely show-stopping. All we need is crafting clay and a whole lotta paint. (via PMQ for two)
6. DIY No-Sew Fabric Pleated Lampshade: This is a plan you’ve been watchful for, a one that you’ll use for those too-small though so-cute fabric ruins you’ve been hoarding. (via House That Lars Built)
7. DIY Woven Lamp: These have been popping adult on Pinterest and it’s easy to see why. Pick elaboration thread in a colors we adore best and get stringing. (via Fabrica de Imaginacion)
8. Origami Lampshade: If we can make a paper crane, we can make this fab structural lampshade. The best part? It’s usually paper. So. Affordable. (via Docrafts)
9. DIY Tropical Pendant Light: Leather is one of those materials that immediately creates warmth. The strips of a element in this pineapple-inspired match looks so worldly interconnected with a faceted glass. (via Monsters Circus)
10. Curtain Ring Pendant Light: Stained timber hoops are all we need to emanate this neat look. Put it together and bask in carrying combined a high-end look at hardware store prices. (via Passionshake)
11. DIY Wall Sconce: Not usually does it supplement visible seductiveness when a light’s off, a lead piece will chuck extraordinary patterns on a walls when a light is on. (via Anika’s DIY Life)
12. DIY Eames Inspired Boho Pendant Lamp Cover: You had us during Eames. The beads and yarn add so most vibrancy to this budget-friendly project. (via Love Maegan)
Thinking about putting one of these together? We wish to see it! Tag us on Instagram + regulating hashtag #iamcreative!