Electrical problem caused lethal Oxford fire

May 23, 2016 - table lamp

An electrical tie to a wall opening caused a lethal glow on Saturday in Oxford, a State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

Crews were called to a Oxford Meadows unit formidable on Main Street only before 2 a.m. Saturday.

The formidable is home to many elderly, infirm and low-income residents.

Investigators pronounced that a connected tie to a opening on an inside wall of a initial building common area caused a spark, that started a fire.

A list flare had been connected to a outlet, and investigators pronounced a glow widespread fast since of a wicker basket circuitously a flare contained newspapers.

Maine State Police pronounced Theresa Heino, 85, died in a fire.

Virginia Brown, 65, was listed in fast condition during Stephens Memorial Hospital Monday morning.

State military pronounced fume detectors were working, though a building did not have sprinklers.

Several people on a second building had to be discovered since they were incompetent to get out of their apartments.

The American Red Cross is aiding residents with a place to stay during a circuitously motel.

source ⦿ http://www.wmtw.com/news/inspectors-start-monday-on-fatal-oxford-fires-cause/39673114

More lamp ...

  • State fire marshal: Lamp caused fatal fire in BeverlyState fire marshal: Lamp caused fatal fire in Beverly  BEVERLY  — The state fire marshal has determined a table lamp was the source of a house fire that killed a 76-year-old man in Beverly.Massachusetts Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey said […]
  • Lamp may have sparked fatal leaf River fireLamp may have sparked fatal leaf River fire The cause of the Nov. 10 house fire that killed a young Leaf River volunteer firefighter may have been a living room lamp. The State Fire Marshal's office is ruling the cause of the blaze […]
  • Cozy campingCozy camping EISENHOWER STATE PARK, Kan. — Steady or improving attendance at Kansas […]

› tags: table lamp /