Lamp caused glow that killed man, 78, glow officials say

May 20, 2016 - table lamp

A fast-moving glow that killed a 78-year-old male early Thursday in Beverly was started by a lamp, according to state glow officials.

The glow pennyless out only before 7 a.m. in a three-family home during 7-9 Highland Terrace. Clark Young was not means to get out of his first-floor section and was conspicuous passed on a scene.

The glow started in a vital room of Clark’s section by a list lamp, officials said. It was not immediately famous either there was an electrical disaster in a flare itself, or if it was knocked over and lighted circuitously materials.

The victim’s mother was means to escape, though was harmed and taken to a internal hospital.

Nathan Morris, who was inside a second-floor apartment, ran into his 92-year-old grandmother’s room, picked her adult out of bed and carried her to safety.

The third-floor section was vacant.

Damage to a building is estimated to be $700,000.

The residence subsequent doorway during 3-5 Highland Terrace was also damaged, as good as dual vehicles.

source ⦿ http://www.wcvb.com/news/lamp-caused-fire-that-killed-man-78-fire-officials-say/39649720

More lamp ...

  • State fire marshal: Lamp caused fatal fire in BeverlyState fire marshal: Lamp caused fatal fire in Beverly  BEVERLY  — The state fire marshal has determined a table lamp was the source of a house fire that killed a 76-year-old man in Beverly.Massachusetts Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey said […]
  • 5 Table Lamps for the Best Nights In5 Table Lamps for the Best Nights In Certain things change as you grow older. Instead of looking forward to the flash of strobe lights in a crowded club, I’m looking forward to the comfort of a soft bedside light. If you’re […]
  • Table Lamp Starts Second Residential Fire this WeekTable Lamp Starts Second Residential Fire this Week For the second time this week, a residential fire was sparked by an incandescent light bulb, and the Turlock Fire Department was once again able to quickly control the blaze. At […]

› tags: table lamp /