Your guest room can also offer as your child’s study
April 19, 2015 - table lamp
Boston-based interior engineer Erin Gates and Newton homeowner Dina Ciarimboli have been operative together for years. In fact, a series of a bedrooms Gates has designed for Ciarimboli’s family seemed in Gates’s book Elements of Style, published final year and formed on her blog of a same name. Recently Gates finished another room in a house — a investigate for Ciarimboli’s 9-year-old daughter, Olivia, that doubles as a guest room. Using a existent paint color, an alluring shade of gray with purple undertones, as a starting point, Gates combined a workhorse of a shelter that is during once complicated and sweet. “I hide in there myself to do work when I’m home — even yet we have a apart bureau on a third floor. we adore lounging on a daybed with my laptop,” says Ciarimboli.
1. Gates used Farrow Ball’s Lotus wallpaper, an oversize settlement that Ciarimboli had prolonged admired, to emanate a confidant accent wall that anchors and sets a tinge for a room.
Continue reading below
2.Brass sconces from Visual Comfort’s Studio French Collection supplement warmth. “Silver was a apparent choice,” Gates says, “but we favourite a contrariety of a gold.” A cord cover eliminates a con and responsibility of hard-wiring.
3. In hunt of art with purple tones, Gates found these butterfly prints (under $20 each) on Etsy and had them framed in gold.
4. Makkas Drapery Workroom in Framingham done a ivory and gray linen curtains with a Parisian pleat. “It has a cleaner demeanour than a normal plat and hangs beautifully,” Gates says.
5. Gates chose throw pillows in 3 opposite patterns. The tip to mixing, she says, is to use a monochromatic palette and play with scale. Try mixing organic and geometric prints along with a textural element, she advises.
6.The velvet daybed from Restoration Hardware’s Baby Child collection is gentle for reading, simply doubles as a guest bed, and takes adult reduction room than a normal bed.
7.The side table is a tallness that works “whether someone is sleeping or sitting,” Gates says.
8. Gates scored a gold list lamp during HomeGoods, her go-to source for inexpensive accents.
9. She found a gold-framed, linen-covered pin board on Etsy. The inversely winding corners supplement transformation and whimsy.
10. An upholstered side chair creates some-more clarity than a rolling table chair in a carpeted space.
11.The Parsons dining table from West Elm accommodates two. “It was critical to Dina that there be adequate room for her to lay and assistance with task if need be,” Gates says.